R&D : Research Area
Innovative technologies are consolidated into intelligent walking beam furnace that will change the paradigm of furnace technologies.
A. Basic engineering and evaluation of the furnace
• Thermal calculation of material grade and size
• Prediction / evaluation of the optimal operation conditions and logistics
B-1. Flameless oxy-fuel burner with homogeneous heating and low
B-2. Optimal heating for each segmented zone through independent pulse
C. Prediction and Real-time feed back through Thermal Model + LEVEL II
D. Distributed optical temperature measurement on the material surface,
instead of furnace ambient temperature measurement
E. Evaporated Cooling System
• Steam production using the cooling water heat loss
A national project to develop burner system for Korea Western Power’s IGCC plant.
Research and development of various combustion systems and gasification equipment for Coal gasified gas power generation under operating conditions of over 1500℃ ambient temperature, 40~50 bar.g pressure
Steam production by converting the water-cooling section of industrial furnaces to staeam producing boiler facility taking advantage of waste heat of water-cooled pipe sections of industrial furnaces.
• Prediction of steam generation amount through the thermal balance of the entire system.
• Waste heat recovery rate increased by 5% compared to conventional method.
• Steam production through more than 85% of the heat recovery of heat loss
due to water cooling sections.